Yes, I love to write. But at times, my mind is so full of thoughts, wonderings, and imaginings, that it can’t calm down enough to think about what to put in my next post. I took to Pinterest for inspiration. 🙂 This post will be just for fun, and I’ll see if I can come up with 5 and only 5, excluding family and friends and of course all the basics!
1. I start with this one because it is truly the most important. Without it, I would not be where I am today. This is the basic “parent’s manual” my parents used and it is universal for all ages of life. This is the “manual” that will help from every problem from hating your brother, to struggling with obeying and respecting your elders. Yes, it is the Bible. The Word of God. This I could not live without.
2. Next I would say my family. (I know, I know, I said not family, but seriously, I need to mention them!) These are the ones that will be there through thick and thin. The ones who know what gets your gander up (they sure do their share of it too! 🙂 ) These are the ones who always do their best to protect you. (especially one girl among 4 brothers. That’s my favorite part about my family set-up. I always have great protectors wherever I go. I mean just look at those guys! I can always feel the “guard” tone they set when we go out and do something, and I love it!) Ok, enough about that. Family is great! The teaching you receive from the family setting is one you don’t want to live without!
3. My pepsi water bottle. Yes, I know you’re wondering what is truly in there, but I promise…It is water. Two of those per day, and I’ve got my water intake in! This jug goes everywhere with me. I’m thinking of doing something crafty with it, so the Pepsi is not deceiving….BUT, I don’t know yet.
4. (Wow, #4 already!! But I have so many more things!!) Flip-flops. Yes, you read that correctly. I’m the one who brings flip-flops out as soon as the thermometer shows 40* (or maybe a few degrees colder, much to mom’s dismay) Every spring, mom and I have this argument…I think I’m old enough to decide whether to wear flip-flops or not, but she’s determined not to let me until there’s no snow on the ground. (outrageous, I know!!) I’m also the one who will wear a pair of socks with flip-flops, and suffer toe wedgies simply because shoes and I just DO NOT WORK!!!
5. My car. (No picture of this..You’ll just have to imagine 🙂 !) Without that, I’d be stuck at home. Or stuck running everywhere I go. (that actually might not be a bad thing) 🙂 Or I’d have to depend on someone else to take me places. (my independent self would buck against that yoke) Let’s just say the freedom I have by having my car is just better for all involved!
And so, we’re at the close of this post. Hopefully you had as much fun reading as I did writing! There are so many more things I am thankful for, but this was just a slightly humorous side to getting to know me better. “Friends” almost made it on the list, but me, being the introverted soul that I am, decided they’ll get honorable mention in the last paragraph. 😀 Hope you enjoyed this!!